now my inner geek compelled me to incite some friendly discussion, constantly stating that 110% is impossible, which normally got the response, "anything's possiblllleee!"
it seems like there are really a few ways that you can achieve the fabled 110%
- there being a competition in which you give N% and your competitor is at (N-110)% so that your relative effort is 110%
- have your reference point be fairly conservative, like running 110% faster than mikey or being 110% uglier than your mom.
- being kevin garnett
- slacking off during the calibration phase of your experiment so "100%" is easy to achieve.
- pretty much as long as you frame your phrase with enough qualifiers that give people a frame of reference w/which to measure percentage, you should be good.
- however the 110% absolute percent is still not possible.
- think about gratuity at a restaurant
- too much attention (stalker, much?)